All About Painting

Google Groups
Subscribe to All About Painting
Email:
Visit this group
Here is an opportunity to talk about painting and art in general. This group gives you a chance to share your ideas, comments and pictures with other folks with the very same interests. Use your e-mail to sign up as a member and come and join us.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Final Painting

At last I have finished the Forsythia Painting. I suppose that is an OK name for the painting. I can’t think of anything more cleaver than that at the moment. 8 - ) All-in-all I think it turned out pretty good. Of course, I invite friends, readers and critics alike to send me your own critic, suggestions and/or praise, etc., etc. Whatever comes to mind?



Just an aside, I did plan to add trees to the top of the mountain in the foreground. However, I thought about the terrible destruction our Fraser Fir trees have suffered from those nasty little aphid buggers of late. The most damaging natural enemy of these Christmas trees is the balsam woolly adelgid (formerly called an aphid) which is an imported, wingless insect. Much of the tops of our mountains are bare these days.

The final pieces of the painting were the hills in the middle of the painting across from the lake. I did a little more filling in the negative space around the blooms [to set them off] and filled in some water, earth and over-painted some of the leaves of the Forsythia so that they popped out a little more.

Hope you enjoyed progressing through the stages of the painting with me.

L8ter,

Wetbrusher

No comments:

Post a Comment